I recently took on the role as chairperson of the ACEC California Land Use Committee. I’m looking for a volunteer intern that can help me run the committee. The intern would assist with the following tasks:
- Tracking local and state legislation related to land use planning and CEQA.
- Tracking California court decisions related to land use planning and CEQA.
- Organizing feedback from ACEC California members on land use planning policies and decisions that impact their projects and businesses.
- Interview local government officials and other land use planning experts on legislation and policy.
- Help develop ACEC policy statements related to land use planning and environmental issues.
- Preparing for committee meetings.
- Preparing meeting minutes.
- Preparing a regular newsletter.
- Maintaining the ACEC land use committee web site.
This would be a great position for a land use planning, land surveying, or geography student that wanted a bit of practical experience with public policy and research. If you are interested in volunteering, please send a resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.