A few days ago I attended the February meeting of the Western Region Height Modernization Group. Here are some highlights from the meeting:
- ITRF 2014 was released last month and will be used in the future by NGS to adjust CORS coordinates in the United States.
- A beta version of Opus Projects that may be used as an alternative to the old bluebooking process for control monuments may be released by NGS this fall.
- NGS will be holding a "gravity school" from May 23, 2016 to May 27, 2016 in Colorado.
- NGS is holding a webinar to prepare volunteers for the 2016 GPS on Benchmarks Campaign. The webinar will be held on February 17th.
- The meeting concluded with a presentation by Derek VanWestrum about testing the new NGS gravity models in the Mountains of Colorado.
I hope you enjoy the links. I'll post more information and links from the Western Region Height Modernization Group as appropriate.