- A surveyor submits a digital copy of the document for identification and storage.
- A unique numeric identifier is assigned to the document.
- The document is stored in the online repository.
- The location of the document is added to a geographic index.
- The surveyor that submitted the map to the library is provided with the unique identifier that was assigned to the document.
This process is voluntary. Reasonable efforts are made to exclude maps that belong to private collections if permission has not been obtained to add maps from the collection to the library.
Anyone can submit survey documents for inclusion in the library, and documents can be submitted for any location within California. (Documents already included in the public recorded should not be submitted for inclusion in the library.)
There is a guide on the design of the library (with submission rules) available here.
Questions and Feedback
Questions or feedback on the library can be sent to Landon Blake by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The following is a sequential list of documents provided in the library: